Friday, April 26, 2013

W is for walnuts

 Oh my gosh I can't believe there are just a few days left in the challenge. How has everyone else done so far?

For today's food I'm going with walnuts. I know for most people it is a love them or hate them kind of thing. I personally adore them.


The following recipe is one I personally use in my own kitchen.







Melissa's Granola
5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup dried blueberries
1 cup either raisens or dried cranberries
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 350.  In large mixing bowl mix all the ingredients together till well mixed. Spread mixture evenly onto two large baking sheets. Bake 10-15 minutes. Stir or flip granola. Bake another 5-10 minutes until is golden brown and crisp.

1 comment:

  1. I love walnuts. But we just don't really eat nuts at our house. YOu made me want to get some today!

    ReplyDelete