Monday, April 22, 2013

R is for Raspberries

Well I totally forgot about Saturday's post. Was so crazy busy that I flat out forgot. SO I'll post it today but I know that I've failed this year's challenge. STill gonna keep posting though :)


So I was planning on doing Raspberries for my R day. I have a wonderful Raspberry lemon sauce that is great on cakes, ice cream, crepes, pancakes, muffins or any other sweets.

Raspberry Lemon Sauce


1 package frozen raspberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 lemon
pinch of salt


Place raspberries in pot. Add juice of the lemon and some lemon peel. Add sugar and pinch of salt. Heat over medium high heat till raspberries break down and sauce begins to thicken. Pour into a fine mesh strainer with a bowl underneath to catch the sauce. The strainer will remove the seeds and lemon peel. Using a funnel pour sauce into a squeeze bottle. Can be stored in fridge for up to a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment