Monday, April 22, 2013

S is for Sesame

I have a confession to make. I LOVE sesame! Sesame oil, sesame seeds, tahini....I could go on and on!


This is a recipe I've seen many places online and have not personally tried yet but really want to. I adore deviled eggs and this take gives it a spicy punch with wasabi.







Wasabi Sesame Deviled Eggs
6 large eggs
1/3 cup mayo
1 1/2 teaspoon wasabi paste
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon dijon mustard
2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
salt and fresh ground pepper

Hard boil your eggs. Run under cold water to cool them completely down. Peel and cut them in half lengthwise. Gently remove and place yolks in medium sized mixing bowl. Add mayo, wasabi paste, lemon juice, mustard and pinch of salt and ground pepper. Mix till smooth and creamy. Either spoon or use pastry bag to fill egg whites with mixture. Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds and serve.

1 comment: