Friday, April 5, 2013

Book Review- World on a String by Larry Phifer

This is my first free book I've gotten from Netgalley. I've gotten books in the past for my old blog so I was excited to dive into my first book with the new blog. And oh what a great book this one was! Mine was an ebook version. Warning there are spoilers.


World on a String by Larry Phifer is a simple story of a boy who has a beautiful shining balloon. As happens with most balloons he eventually loses it and has to deal with is feelings of loss.



First let me say that the drawings were extraordinary! So vivid and beautiful that children with love to look a them when you are not reading the story. I love that the book tackles the emotions that people feel when they lose something special to them. However it is not over the top and is in put in a way the most children will understand. While in the end Charlie never does get his balloon back he does deal with his sadness and dreams of his balloon being among other balloons way up in the sky.


 I would have to give this book 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. My son loved not only the story but he kept making me scroll back and forth through the pictures. Any book that can hold my son's attention for more than 2 minutes is a winner for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for your visit. i love your theme for the A to Z, I haven't browsed much on Etsy so it's great to get a look at some of the shops I might not come across, just loved the guy with the leather.
    thanks for sharing
    martine

    ReplyDelete