Wednesday, April 17, 2013

O is for Oranges

This morning is another rush rush rush morning for me.  Today's food is oranges! I just love them suckers. I could eat them all day and night.

Today's recipe is one out of about a million takes on the classic Orange Julius. I'll never forget the first time I tried an orange julius. I was at the mall with my mom and we were having a day for just the two of us. She took me to a cafe in the mall who served their own version of Orange Julius. Ever since then I was hooked. So yummy and so perfect during the hot weather! This one is one of my favorites. I got it years ago from a vegetarian magazine. I've adapted it by adding half and half to make it extra rich and creamy.






Orange Smoothie
1 6oz can frozen orange juice concentrate, frozen
1/2 cup half and half
1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
1 cup water
1 cup ice cubes


Place orange juice, half and half, soy milk, and water in blender and blend till smooth. Adding a couple of ice cube at a time blend till smooth. Serve and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I had all but forgotten the fabulous Orange Julius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oranges are great, but I find them too much of a bother to eat. You have to actually work for your supper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm I too love oranges and this smoothie looks yummy

    ReplyDelete