Thursday, April 4, 2013

D is for Dill

I had a hard time today coming up with a good D food. I thought about duck and dates. But then I remembered a dip my mother used to make years ago using dill and smoked salmon. So I emailed her to get the recipe.

BTW if you were wondering the nuitrition facts for today's food...well there is not much to tell. Dill has barely any calories making it perfect to give your dishes a flavorful punch. Unfortunately it does not have much of anything in the way vitamins/minerals.



Photo Courtesy of SaucySalad


Creamy Dill and Smoked Salmon Dip

8oz Package Cream Cheese (let it sit out of fridge for about 20 minutes to get it to soften)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
5 oz Smoked Salmon/Lox finely chopped
Handful of dill finely chopped
1 tablespoon capers chopped
1 tablespoon minced chives
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, and lemon till smooth. Blend in Lox, dill, capers, and chives till well mixed. Add salt and pepper if needed. Serve with crackers, veggie crudites or use on pumpernickel bread with cucumbers to make tea sandwiches.

3 comments:

  1. I love fresh dill! Thanks for the recipe. I'll check back for more A to Z deliciousness.

    Jenny at Choice City Native

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Another recipe for me to copy. I think I might leave out the salmon though. Do you think it will taste as good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I think it would be just as good! Maybe add some roasted garlic or such as subsitute.

    ReplyDelete