Thursday, December 12, 2013

Book to Movie Challenge 2014

Book to Movie Challenge: The Sequel

poster3
 Hosted by doingdeweydecimal
Although there will be a wrap-up post for the 2013 challenge later, I’d like to thank everyone who participated for making this challenge such fun that I can’t wait to host it again next year. Plus, can you believe all of the movies based on books that came out this year?! Doing this challenge, I’ve been amazed at the number of book to movie adaptations there are and I’ve loved seeing some great books brought to life on screen.
Like last year, the rules are simple and few. I’ll post a linky where you can share your reviews, but this thing works on the honor system. If you want to challenge yourself to only watch movies coming out this year or to make sure you always read the book and watch the movie during 2014, that’s great. But I won’t hold you to it :) Personally, I usually count two hours of a TV show as enough to call it watched since that’s about as long as most movies. Again though, this challenge is all about having fun, so it’s really up to you.
To enter, just click through to the linky at the bottom of this post and link to a post on your blog mentioning the challenge and the challenge level you’re attempting. You can change challenge levels at any time and the challenge levels are the same as last year:
Movie Fan - read 3 books and watch their movies
Movie Devotee - read 6 books and watch their movies
Movie Lover - read 9 books and watch their movies
Movie Aficionado - read 12 books and watch their movies
Movie Auteur - read 24 books and watch their movies
This year, I’ve decided to make this a little more fun by adding a giveaway at some point during the year (NOT contingent on progress in the challenge), as well as a few read-a-longs (The Maze Runner in September anyone?). Other than that, everything is pretty much the same. Add an e-mail to the linky if you want my quarterly check-in posts e-mailed to you. Otherwise, feel free to put gibberish in that spot since inlinkz won’t let you leave it blank. Happy reading and watching!

Enter Here

Picture Credits: background photo from lusi, font source here, some design using this site


I am going to go for Movie aficionado which is 12 books and movies. That's one a month!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining in! I'm shooting for one a month too. I think that's the most I can reasonably handle :)

    ReplyDelete