Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge




                                         Visit FromThisSideOfThePond to join in on the fun.

1. It was decided on Sunday the Denver Broncos will meet the Seattle Seahawks in this year's Superbowl.  So, when was the last time you bowled?  Not where you thought this question was going is it? Do you like to bowl? Are you any good?


No I'm not into bowling. I've only ever done it 3 times in my life. All of those times was age 13 and under. In fact if I recall two of those times there was the bumpers in the gutters since we were like 5 years old. I have friends who used to be in a bowling league. I just never found it to be fun.


2. Should sports stars be role models?

"Should"? No more so than any other celebrity. I think there are a number of reasons why someone should look up to and idolize certain celebrities. Back in the 90's I idolized Lance Armstrong. I was heavily into biking then and would ride 40-50 miles 4 days a week. The thing here is I was always the overweight couch potato type. But cycling was the first and only sport I got into as something other than just an observer. In fact I'm mad at myself for letting that go and want to get back in to it.  I've been asked how I feel about the scandal around Armstrong. To be honest I'm disappointed but not surprised. It also doesn't change the fact that back then he inspired me to push myself and do something that I never thought possible. 

  3. January is National Oatmeal month...are you a fan?  How do you like your oats?

Yes, I do like oatmeal. Though my son is the big oatmeal eater in the house. If I'm not doing the flavored kind I like mine with a tablespoon of peanut butter, sliced banana, and a splash of milk. Yummy!

4. What is one book on your reading list for 2014?

Well, since I'm a book blogger you can just begin to imagine how many books are on my TBR (to be read) list. If you want to add me on goodreads you can find me at https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/26571179-messymommyreads

As for one book on my list that would be

Alienated (Alienated, #1)

5. What would you like your future self to say to your present self?

It's going to get much much better

6. When scrolling through the TV guide, what is one movie title that makes you want to stop, grab the popcorn, and watch for a while?

Die Hard- Hubby knows not to interrupt me when I'm watching my favorite movie
Never Been Kissed- Doesn't matter how many times I've seen it still love it!
Labyrinth- Cause even with those embarrassingly tight pants David Bowie was hot.

7. What are two style trends you hope never come back into fashion?

I'm still waiting for boys to pull their pants up. It was my generation that ruined that for everyone. Why are they still doing this 20 years later?

1980s Hairstyles. I love me my 80s music but it scares me seeing some of the clothes coming back into style please don't let the hair come back. Want to know what I'm talking about? Check out this blog http://www.80sactual.com/2010/06/1980s-hair.html


8. Insert your own random thought here.

Snow snow everywhere! Its cold outside and here in Jersey we are buried under tons of snow. But I love it. I tried to take a picture of the door that leads to my balcony. It's a regular door with 4 window panels. All four were covered in frost. Very pretty pattern happening. If I can get a good picture I'll post it.

2 comments:

  1. I think the snow is pretty too. I am also in NJ : ) I will look for you on Goodreads. I feel the same about Lance Armstrong's cancer charity. He has helped so many through that and his 'scandal' doesn't change that. It's a sad story, mostly because he still doesn't seem remorseful, although perhaps that's just the view from this side. I know when my brother in law had cancer, the LIVESTRONG website was a big boost to him in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Die Hard movies are awesome, I would stop and watch too! I know when they started doing that we let our son get the bigger jeans to slide down, we wanted him to fit in. Stay safe and warm with all that snow.......

    ReplyDelete