Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Book Review: The Giant Jam Sandwich by John Vernon Lord/ Janet Burroway

The Giant Jam SandwichOk so I decided to dive right into the 1001 books challenge. I've never seen this book before nor heard of it so I was excited when I found it at my library last night. Apparently, this is classic reading for a number of people but I honestly have never heard of it before yesterday.

The Giant Jam Sandwich is all about a town that becomes over run with wasps. Someone in town has the brilliant idea of making a huge strawberry jam sandwich since that is wasps favorite thing to eat. So the whole town gets together to make a giant jam sandwich to trap the nasty wasps.

This was a very cute book and my son really enjoyed it. His favorite part was when they laid down the top piece of bread trapping the wasps in the sandwich. The drawings were very 1970's style and for that it was charming and brought back memories of my childhood reading. I can definately see myself reading this one to my son again on another library trip. If you can find this book give it a read.

5 out of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment