Tuesday, December 18, 2012

First Post for a not So New Blogger

Photo courtesy of mike Licht, Notionscapital.com

Here it is my first post on my brand new blog. However I am not what one would call a new blogger. I used to blog on smallish/medium sized book blog. I loved that blog. Loved it so much that lately I've been missing it. So what to do? Do I go back and start posting after abandoning it for a whole year? Do I wipe it clean and start fresh? Or should I leave it out there and just start a brand new blog elsewhere. As you can tell I chose to start a brand new blog.

Photo courtesy of John Althouse Cohen
I learned a lot in my first blog. I learned how to successfully host a giveaway. I learned the best times to post and the best ways to drive traffic to my blog. I forged friendships along the way and learned a lot about myself. However, I soon grew tired of the constant upkeep. The most successful blogs require lots of work and lots of time. At that time my son was still home and taking care of him took up most of my day. Now my son is in kindergarten but is struggling. It appears he has both behavioral and learning disabilities. Right now as I type the school is arranging testing for him. I love my son with all my heart but taking care of him can be very taxing.

So why am I blogging when it takes so much time and energy? Because I've let so much of my life fall apart. I need to start taking care of myself and my family. I need to stop wallowing in my depression. One of the best ways is to get organized. One of the best helpers at organizing? Blogging, of course! So please join me on my journey to straighten out the mess that has become my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment