Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Book Review: Him by Carey Heywood

Ok I'd be lying if I didn't say that the cover image was the reason why I decided to read this book. I mean come one about one sexy guy on the cover. I also love that he is sexy without being half naked. Lets face it in real life most of the sexy guys we encounter are fully clothed. Hubba Hubba.

Him is about that guy. You know THAT guy the one who even after all these years you can't forget him. For Sarah Miller "that guy" is Will her first love. She ran away 7 years ago and still cannot forget Will. He set the bar and all guys have fallen short. She finally travels back home for her brother's wedding only to find herself having to confront "HIM". Facing  painful memories and a love that blooms once more can the two survive?

OK let me say I LOOOOOOOVED this book. We have all had "THAT guy" that we think about now and again. I love that there was almost like two romance stories in one. There was the main love story of Sarah reconnecting with her long lost lover Will. Then there is the tender sweet flashback scenes of them back in high school falling in love. It was great because it spoke to the adult in me and the adult who loves to read YA. The best of both worlds.

My only real complaint about the book is that the flash backs should have ended sooner. There were some flash back scenes that were really unnecessary and didn't really contribute to the book at all. The next book in the series is supposed to be from Will's point of view. I know that is a trend in books now but I'm reluctant to read it. The same story told slightly differently doesn't do much for me. But for now I give Him a solid 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment